Hey guys! So here are my Most Used and NOT USED baby items and I would love to hear what yours are in the comments! This blog post & video has been highly requested and I’ve included YOUR essential and non-essential items below too; over 200 of you messaged me on Instagram so thank you!! I really hope you find this blog post & video useful (just remember that these are MY personal most used and not used items!). Nic xx
PS Please do comment down below if you agree or disagree with any of mine! I would love to know xx
MY USEFUL ITEMS MENTIONED:
- Bath Tub – you can use a bath tub for so many things including a ball-pit!
- Bath Thermometer
- Baby Towels
- Changing Mat on top of the Cot
- Nappy Bin
- Nappy Dispenser
- Changing Mat for the Bed
- Nappy Caddy
- Aqua Wipes
- Portable Changing Mat for on the Go
- Newborn Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Bag
- White Noise Maker
- Cocoonababy – NOT for unsupervised sleeping
- Baby Rocker
- Baby Carrier (front for newborns)
- Fleecy Carrier Cover
- Boba Carrier (back/for summer & bigger babies too)
- Breast Feeding Pillow
- Nipple Cream
- Breast Feeding Bras
- Breast Feeding Nightie
- Breast Milk Collector – [or this one] to express breast milk
- The Unmumsy mum Book
ITEMS USED DAILY BUT NOT SHOWN
- Gro Egg Thermometer
- Lumie Bed Bug Night Light
- Car Mirror
- Car Seat
- Car Boot Protector Mat
- Washing Up Bowl/Drying Rack/Steriliser Bags – If giving a bottle of formula or expressed breast milk
- Short Sleeve Vests & Sleepsuits
MY NOT USED ITEMS
- Newborn long sleeve vests – we used the short sleeved vests as a newborn & then the long sleeve ones after 4-6 weeks when he wore trousers instead of sleepsuits all day!
- The wrong tog sleeping bag – I bought a summer (1.0 tog) sleeping bag in a newborn size.. and my baby was born in winter!
- Traditional swaddles – Henry doesn’t like being swaddled and I could never figure out how to do it!
- Dummies – Henry just doesn’t take to them! [edit – I just used one to soothe him to sleep at his 6pm nap….. he’s never taken to one before.. so maybe it’s worth getting just one to try if needed!]
- Mittens – Most sleep suits have little hand covers that you can use!
- Unsuitable pram – We need an ‘all-terrain’ pram with big wheels! We now have a Quinny pram and love it!
My Most Used Items!
I also asked on my Instagram stories (I’m @mummynutrition) for YOUR most useful items and over 200 of you responded.. below is what was said!
- Baby wrap/carrier (for the house and walks)
- Cot top changer
- White noise maker: My Hummy/Ollie the Owl/Ewan the Sheep
- Baby bouncer (vibrating)/rocker
- Nappy caddy
- Breast pads
- Reusable cheeky wipes
- Baby bath/support
- Sleepy head/poddle pod/Cocoonababy
- Moses basket/snuz pod
- MAM bottles
- Munchkin drying rack
- GroEgg Thermometer
- Breast milk collector
- Grosnug/Love to Dream Swaddle
- Wallaboo/SnuggleBundle for car seat
- Nappy bin – Angel Care and Tommy Tippee
- Dribble bibs
- Nosefrida/saline spray
- Breast feeding cushion
- Nipple cream
- Night light
- Perfect Prep machine
- Lamaze fire fly toy
- Play gym
- Baby thermometer
- Sudocreme/Kokoso coconut oil
- Zip us in panel
- Water Wipes
- Bath Thermometer
- Owlet baby monitor
- Teething mitten (4 months)
- Night-light star projector
- Zip up sleep suits
- Metanium nappy cream
- Swing top bin
YOUR ‘NOT USEFUL’ ITEMS (NB these aren’t mine!)
- Baby swing/bouncer
- Next 2 me bed/moses basket if co-sleeping
- Baby shoes
- Dungaree type outfits; cold legs – I agree if it’s winter!
- Fancy new born outfits – I agree!
- Breathing monitor
- Baby mobile
- Baby/scratch mittens (sleep suits have them)
- Grobag – I loved mine!
- Nappy bin – I love mine!
- Top and tail bowl – Good in the early weeks I found
- Baby wrap – carrier was better – I agree
- Small baby towels – I love mine!
- Baby bath/bath seat – I love mine!
- White noise maker – I love mine!
- Tiny baby clothes – I love mine!
- Groegg thermometer – I love mine!
- Play gym – I love mine!
- Changing unit upstairs
- Too many blankets
- Pramsuit – They can be fiddly!!
- Long sleeve vests
- Nappy dispenser
- Nappy knickers
Do you agree with these lists?! I would love to know!
My Newborn Essentials
NOT sponsored. This blog post contains affiliate links. Some items were gifts. All opinions are my own & are 100% honest. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.