An ideal breakfast or snack option if your little one is like mine and they are allergic to dairy and egg!
This recipe is part of my brand new toddler friendly speedy snack e-guide, which includes three other snack recipes PLUS a weekly planner and shopping list page for all your little one’s meals throughout the week!
You can download for free by signing up to my newsletter!
This recipe is not just for a baby or toddler though, but would suit the whole family too. These pancakes can also be made in advance and warmed in the microwave, so double up on the recipe to save time throughout the week!
These pancakes are even more delicious when served with my home-made blueberry chia seed jam, steamed apple pieces and/or a dollop of coconut yoghurt. If you make this recipe, please do let me know what toppings you choose over on my Instagram page!
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp oil or melted dairy free spread
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk
- Optional: 1 tsp chia seeds or flaxseeds!
- In a mixing bowl, add the mashed banana along with the oil, lemon juice & cinnamon, mix well.
- Add the flour & baking powder. Stir the batter whilst gradually adding the milk (& and extras!).
- Place a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Spritz in some spray oil or add some dairy-free spread before dropping in a couple of tablespoonfuls or so of batter onto the pan.
- When the batter starts to bubble (2-3 minutes), flip it over using a spatula. Cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Repeat until all of the mixture has gone (I made 6 medium sized pancakes!) & eat how you like (mummy & baby!)! Or store in the fridge for later!
👩🏻🍳 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐅’𝐒 𝐓𝐈𝐏𝐒 ❄️
Storage: These keep well in the fridge for a couple of days and can be easily warmed in the microwave!
I really hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do at home! Don’t forget to let me know if you make it over on my Instagram – @mummynutriton
And click #MummyNutritionSnacks for even more healthy snack recipes! 🙂