Hey guys! So last month we went on holiday/vacation to Majorca for 7 nights with our 7-month-old baby and here are my top 10 tips that I learnt and that will hopefully help you too!!
I would love to know if you have any more tips?!
Scroll down for links!
PS Follow me on Instagram for more tips.. I’m @mummynutrition .. we booked our Pollensa villa through Morgan and Morgan Majorca!
10 Top Holiday Buys for a Baby!
- SWIM INFLATABLE – H absolutely loved this swim inflatable which is ideal for letting your baby kick and splash around in the pool safely Please note your baby needs to be supervised at all times in one of these!
- PLAYNEST – This inflatable playnest is ideal for travel and was the perfect place for H to play with his toys both inside and outside our villa. He sat in it whilst we were getting ready too! It’s suitable for up until your baby starts crawling in my opinion!
- SWIM NAPPIES & OUTFITS – We decided to take disposable swim nappies which we actually dried & reused (you can do this if your baby doesn’t poop!). I found some fantastic UV protection swim outfits (as shown in the video) which meant H was fully covered on his arms and legs; they came with a matching hat too which had a peak and covered the back of his neck as well!
- FIRST AID KIT – We took our first aid kit with us, along with some piriton (prescribed by the GP) and call too just incase.
- TRAVEL PRAM – We loved this foldable travel pram which is not only super stylish but fits a Maxi Cosi car seat too.
- PRAM SHADE – We took this pram shade to use during the day for naps and at night too; it’s fully breathable too.
- BABY SUNCREAM – For babies aged under 6 months a mineral based suncream is best; we used this one and really liked it! I use this oil-free suncream on my face all year round!
- SLING – We took this breathable sling on holiday with us and it was essential not only in the airport but for when we were walking around the local town exploring (a pram isn’t good for steps!)
- TOY (MONKEY TEETHER) – We took a small selection of H’s toys (including this teether!) for the plane and for the villa too; just to make him feel more settled!
And for even more Holiday content check out my Instagram posts below!
View this post on Instagram
10 (HONEST) HOLIDAY TRUTHS WITH A BABY.. . ?? Hello from Majorca 🙂 So.. you guys seemed to really like my weaning truths from the other week so I thought I’d share with you my top 10 holiday truths having gone on holiday with my baby for the first time.. ? . Can you relate to any?!!???? . 1️⃣ You realise that ‘jumping on a shuttle bus’ at the airport to collect your car hire wasn’t quite the best idea with a baby, pram, 3 suitcases & hand-luggage ? . 2️⃣ Your arrival time at the villa of 2pm all of a sudden becomes 5pm as fitting the car-seat takes at least one hour as you double & triple its safety & you have to change a nappy/feed them before you set off.. ? . 3️⃣ All of a sudden ‘people watching’ over coffee becomes ‘pram watching’ as you ogle over other people’s methods of transporting their baby around ? . 4️⃣ Your plan to read 3 books around the pool quickly diminishes to 1/2 a magazine as you realise that mummy duties don’t take a holiday.. ever. ? . 5️⃣ You play ‘pass the baby’ over your evening meal at a lovely restaurant & the next night choose to eat in .. ? . 6️⃣ You find a trendy bar then realise babies aren’t allowed in past 7pm .. “we’ll come back in the afternoon.. ” ? . 7️⃣ You realise weaning on holiday isn’t any less messy than at home, but at least they can eat in a nappy ? . 8️⃣ Walks during the day take FOREVER as you constantly check that your baby is alive/in the shade/not too hot etc. . 9️⃣ Your goal of going a lovely golden colour yourself changes to ‘how white can I keep my baby’ as you slap on the thickest suncream known to man on their chunky legs & arms. . ? You text your parents to see if they fancy a ‘family holiday’ next year.. purely because you miss them & not because of potential grandparent perks ? . Oh how our holidays have changed.. but you know what.. it has been fab so far & I can’t wait to share with you my video all about my top 10 tips to make holidays with a baby that little bit easier!! ?? . How did your first holiday go with a baby?! ☀️ . ? edited with @emspresets #mummynutritiontravel #holiday #majorca #pollensa #mallorca2019 #mummyblogger #7monthspostpartum #7monthsold
View this post on Instagram
☀️ THREE THINGS TO DO NOW BEFORE YOU GO ON HOLIDAY! ✈️ . If you’re thinking about booking a summer holiday with your little baby then here are THREE things to do NOW.. I’ll be posting more holiday tips over the next few weeks too!!?????? . Please do let me know if you have any more holiday tips/best buys!! ? . 1️⃣ PASSPORT – Your baby requires their own passport to travel abroad now and you can apply for one via the post office or for cheaper online. It costs around £50 ➡️ https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport .. & you can even take their picture for free on your iPhone.. ? https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports .. we had ours taken in a photography shop (it cost £9.99) who gave us a code to use it online & I stuck the printed photos in H’s memory book! Passports usually arrive within 3 weeks (don’t forget to send off their birth certificate too!). ? . 3️⃣ EHIC aka a European Health Insurance Card (the new E111) – You AND your baby need one of these each to access basic medical treatment abroad (in Europe). You can apply for one for free & it should be back within 10 working days (ours arrived in 3-4 days) ➡️ https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/healthcare-abroad/apply-for-a-free-ehic-european-health-insurance-card/ .. don’t be scammed by the websites which charge! . 3️⃣ TRAVEL INSURANCE – Don’t forget to add your baby too so they’re covered for medical costs etc.. I always book with the post office as I have a bleeding condition & this year have booked annual cover which is way more cost effective if you are going to be going away more than once in a year. . ? Oh & a little tip, I have an email folder called ‘Holiday’ where I save EVERYTHING.. from flight details to accommodation & our car hire (don’t forget to book an age appropriate car seat too!) ? .. and don’t forget your driver’s license! . ? Have I forgotten anything?! I’m getting ready to pack for holiday now (more posts to come!!) but already have out our mini first aid kit, suncream, travel pram, Piriton/Calpol, nappies/wipes & swim float 🙂 .. toys, food & clothes still to pack!! . Are you going away this summer?! We’re going to Majorca!? . #mummyblogger #babyholiday #mummynutritiontravel
This blog post contains affiliate links - please read my disclaimer page for more information.