Hello! So as promised here is my ‘pregnancy product essentials’ video; the items that have helped me to sail (as much as possible!) through each trimester.
I’ve divided up my ‘essentials’ into trimesters one, two and three and have listed them down below too. I really hope you find it useful!
LINKS TO ITEMS MENTIONED & A FEW MORE!
- Bath Duck Thermometer – From Amazon (aim for 37 degrees C)
- Decaf Tea & Coffee – Keep regular cups of tea & coffee to no more than 2 cups a day
- Healthy Snacks – e.g. Trek Bars/Chickpea Puffs
- Pregnancy Multivitamins – Must contain at least 10mcg vitamin D and 400mcg folic acid as well as no vitamin A (no retinol, beta carotene only). I took Pregncare Original.
- Gentle Cleaning Products – I used Method hand wash & cleaning products. These are more natural than most products on the market
- Lavender sleep mist – To help me sleep! From Amazon.
- Revitalising Leg & Foot Spray – Essential in hot weather or if you’re on your feet all day. Mine is from Bloom & Blossom
- How to Grow a Baby & Push it Out – An essential book from Amazon
- The Flo App – it’s free!
- Other Apps I like – Bounty, Emma’s Diary (they have freebies that you can collect from Boots too!) & Baby Centre
- Curved Pregnancy Pillow – To snuggle! From Amazon.
- Wedge Pregnancy Pillow – To go behind your back. From Amazon.
- Stretch Mark Cream – I like the Palmers Massage Lotion & Tummy Butter
- Stretch Mark Oil – I like Bio Oil
- Information on Preventing Stretch Marks
- Bras in a Size up – I like these from Lepel
- Maternity Clothing – Over the bump Leggings & a Top that’s suitable for breast feeding too
- Belly Bump Belt – So you can wear your regular trousers! From Amazon.
- Belly Bump Band – from Cheeky Rascals
- Hypnobirthing Classes – I went to the Katharine Graves Classes
- The Positive Birth Book – By Milli Hill from Amazon
- Non-Wire/Nursing Bras – Have a selection from JD Williams
- Nipple Balm – Can be used up to a month before baby is born & My Expert Midwife’s doesn’t need to be removed before breast feeding
- Peri-Prep your Bits – for Perineal Massage
- Probiotic to reduce the risk of post-natal depression – Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001
- Birth Ball – A fit ball is great to sit on after work!
HYPNOBIRTHING ESSENTIALS (I used from Trimester 3 onwards!):
- Essential Oil Diffuser – I used a diffuser on an evening to help me to relax
- Essential Oils – I loved lavender & would pop a few drops on a cloth too to breathe in
- Facial Spray – Lovely and refreshing facial spray for pregnancy, birth and beyond.
I really hope you find this blog post & video useful!
Image Above by Fields Photography London.
*This blog post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer page for more information.